Source: New York Post
Mayor Zohran Mamdani is bringing back homeless encampment sweeps — reversing course on another campaign promise following backlash for not getting people off the streets during the deadly cold snap, The Post has learned. Hizzoner is expected to restart the practice – used by each of his predecessors and ramped up during the Adams administration – as soon as Wednesday, sources said. The city’s Department of Homeless Services, which has been left in the lurch with zero guidance since Mamdani’s order came down to halt the sweeps last month, will again take the lead on issuing notices to people living on the streets, sources said.
Go to Source
Related News